Space Coast United Soccer Club relies on volunteers to help us fulfill our mission while keeping costs down for our members. We would not be able to run successful and safe programming and events without the help of volunteers. We greatly appreciate all you do!
Teens may qualify for the community service hours required for a Bright Future scholarship and should submit the appropriate paperwork to their guidance office in advance.
Volunteer opportunities include helping with events like the Space Coast 3v3 tournament, fundraising efforts, administrative tasks, marketing and communications, team management, TOPSoccer buddies, and more! If you have a particular skill or experience you feel would benefit the Club, please contact our Club Administrator, Bev Gibbs, or our Board of Directors.
Open Volunteer Spots
Field Marshals needed on March 16 & 17. Minimum age 16 yrs old.
See the Field Marshal responsibilities below. You mainly are keeping an eye on activities at the field to which you are assigned. You are not asked to interact with any problem spectators, just report them to the FYSA Rep or Official.
In-House Rec Coaches
Volunteer Coaches and Teen Assistants
Coaches needed for instructed training and games for 5U-10U. This is a great opportunity for High School students to get some volunteer hours assisting the coaches. Help needed for practices and Saturday game days.
Contact Hugh Cousins, firstname.lastname@example.org
Organize volunteers for all events
You will also oversee the tracking of volunteer hours against the club requirement. After we send out the call for volunteers, you would oversee that they are scheduled appropriately.
Contact the Executive Officers, email@example.com
Field Marshal Responsibilities
- Report to the Site Desk and identify yourself as a Field Marshal volunteer.
- Pick up your vest and exchange mobile phone numbers with the coordinator.
- Ensure understanding of assignment: Field locations and Duration
- Familiarize yourself with field numbers, the location of first aid supplies, medical personnel, restroom facilities, concessions, and tournament staff.
- Visibility: Wear your Field Marshal vest at all times. Your visible presence makes a big difference.
- Field Safety: Walk your assigned area of the park and check for debris. If you spot a safety concern that you are unable to resolve on your own, notify a tournament official.
- Dogs: If you see unleashed dogs, kindly remind owners that this is strictly forbidden.
- Injuries: Direct injured players to first aid or summon assistance by contacting a tournament official in the event a player must be attended to at the field.
- Introduction: If at all possible, introduce yourself to referees and coaches before the games so they know to contact you if there are any problems.
- Maintain Distance: Keep spectators a safe distance behind the touchlines. Chairs are not allowed on the turf, ask spectators to move to the concrete.
- Behavior: Help keep unruly coaches, parents and spectators calm. Often your visible presence is enough. If a problem persists report the incident to a tournament official.
- Report to the Site Desk to notify tournament staff of your departure.
- Return your vest.
- Report any issues to the tournament staff that may require follow up or monitoring by your replacement.
Space Coast United Soccer Club | P.O. Box 410301, Melbourne, FL 32941 | firstname.lastname@example.org